Opt for Local SEO in 2017 and Beyond!
What is Local SEO?
In basic terms, local search engine optimization (Local SEO) can be defined as the process of on-page website optimization which allows it to gain a higher ranking in organic rankings but also with off-page optimization that focuses localized search within business directories or “citations”.
The end result with a complete Local SEO campaign is to rank in places where people are searching for local businesses such as Google Maps and Search, Bing Local, Yelp!, and other local business listings (LBLs).
It can also be said that it is an SEO process which makes it easier for potential customers to find information about your local business online, either when they search for the company or for any businesses that provide specific services and products near their location.
Our smartphones are very smart and know exactly where a searcher is searching from via GPS coordinates. Google and other search engines will always provide the best local results to local consumers when they are searching.
Google continues to develop an understanding regarding how users perform searches and what kind of results they are looking for.
Nowadays, about one-third of all searches are localized and when considering the non-geo-targeted keywords, that bring in local results, that number exceeds to more than 50%.
Since people are mostly searching for places and services that are near to their current location, the search results that Google shows are a mix of international and local results, though geo-targeted keywords are an exception.
Nevertheless, the bottom line is that if your business has a physical address and provides services to the local customers, then optimizing your local online presence using SEO techniques is the way to go.
How is Local SEO Different from Traditional SEO?
While local SEO comprises of almost all the similar elements as that of traditional SEO, like on-page factors, social media, link building, indexing, etc., local optimization comes with a few distinct elements, which are:
- The first and most important element is making and claiming a local profile on Google or any other preferred search engine. This will enable your business to appear in local listings for localized searches.
- The second thing to do is citation. A citation can be done at any place online which allows you to register your business’s name, phone number, address and other related information. Citing with the same format as the local listing profile is also important to some degree. Though, search engine algorithms are quite smart, it would be better not to use abbreviations or any other variations in the information. Consistency and Domain Authority are key.
- After that are the local reviews, for which is said, the more the merrier. Reviews left by customers on the quality and quantity of your services on your Google My Business page plays a significant role in enhancing the search rankings.
These three are the biggest factors that not only differentiate local SEO from the more traditional one, but also drastically increases the ranking in the local search results. The more citations you have, the possibilities of getting more reviews increases. Also, positive reviews
Also, positive reviews uplift your position in the rankings, so convincing your clients and customers to leave encouraging and satisfactory reviews on your Google local page is one thing that you can do to improve your local ranking.
Reviews Will Definitely Help Your Rankings Guaranteed – Just don’t try to game the system – Google knows!
Benefits of Opting for Local SEO
- It can attract a lot of people from the local area and can help your business to rank very highly in the search rankings for that particular area. Even if your keywords are non-geo-targeted, it will still make it easy to rank in the search engine results.
- Another benefit is that local SEO increases your chances of getting visibility in the SERPS.
- The conversion rate is quite high since the visitors are coming from local search to the website which is highly targeted.
- A mixed array of citations from different domains will help the strength of your website organically as well as locally.
- Since more people will be searching for businesses in your locality, it increases awareness of your business and helps funnel in new local customers.
- A mobile responsive website will also ensure a higher conversion rate for mobile searches.