8 Tips That Will Improve Your Local SEO Presence – 2017 Update
SM Digital Partners is a leading Local SEO services provider for the real estate, education, and medical industries along with the hospitality industry in South Florida.
So why is Local SEO important for you business?
Local SEO is important as it lays down the foundation for your business website and directory listings to appear and rank locally and organically on Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines.
The way an end user or a customer finds your business is important – The Path – they take and the different channels and devices (smartphones, desktop, tablets) they use to find your business information is important.
When establishing a Local SEO campaign it is important to cover your bases with the following 8 tips to improve your online presence locally.
8 Tips to Improve Your Local SEO Presence
- Setup your Google My Business account – This will increase your local online presence by giving you a Google Maps listing along with a Google+ Page. By adding your business categories and images of your business in Google Maps along with status updates through Google Plus, these two things will help your business start to rank organically as well as locally. Remember though, it is not an overnight marketing campaign, this will take time, dedication, and a little bit of luck.
- Setup every Social Media account you can and make sure the N.A.P (Name, Address, and Phone Number) is consistent – Google and other search engines use your NAP as a way to verify your businesses existence. It is very important to make sure that your business information is accurate in all the different places your business is listed in. It can be on your website, Google+, Facebook, directory listings, business listings like Yelp!, Manta, FourSquare and others.
- Submit your Websites to Search Engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo – By submitting your website, search engines will index and crawl your website quicker and faster than if you were to just leave it at fate. These powerful SEO tools include Bing Webmaster Tools and Google’s “Search Console” formerly known as “Google Webmaster Tools”. These SEO tools will give you a good foundation of what pages are doing well online and what organic keywords your website is generating and what position they are ranking in.
- Write better title tags – This is by far the quickest and easiest way to improve your overall SEO presence. If you have access to a programmer or if you are handy with the backend of your website or if you use a WordPress theme, you will be able to change the title tags, meta description, and meta keywords of your website. Although several SEO specialists say that “Meta Title” data is not relevant for a website to rank what matters is that the end user clearly understands what your page is about and encourages them to click. One thing to remember is if you use spammy tactics and keyword stuffing, Google, and other search engines will punish you. The best proper SEO guidelines for title tag length is less than 60 characters or you can always use the Moz Title Tag Tool to help with. 150-160 characters is a suitable Meta Description length.
- Start a blog – One of the best ways to increase your overall visibility online and locally is by curating content on your business blog about your community but also about your business. Who are your teammates, what is going on in your neighborhood this week, any cross promotions available, etc. Writing a blog will help your overall organic SEO presence by adding more content, keywords, and pages to your website which allows the search engines spiders and robots to crawl your website. By writing a blog this will give you a heads up on your competitors by achieving a “Thought Leader” status locally.
- Install Google Analytics – What good is it to have a well running and optimized online marketing campaign if it is not being tracked and measured? Google Analytics is the lifeblood of your total web strategy. Information is power and if you are not tracking the trends of your website you might as well be throwing money away.
- Mobile, Mobile, Mobile – Did you know that consumers check their mobile phone about 150 times a day. If your website is not optimized for mobile and tablet screens, you might as well call your business old fashioned or not keeping up with the times. Just look at your personal usage when its comes to your smartphone and mobile online behavior. Do you get frustrated that a website takes too long to load or does it annoy you when you have to “pinch” your screen to make the size and words of the website look bigger. By having a responsive website, it will cater to all mobile screen sizes, browsers, and operating systems. Investing in a mobile friendly, responsive website will dramatically increase your web presence especially after Google passed an algorithm in the Spring happily titled, “Mobilegeddon“.
- Promote Offline – Sounds crazy, we know. To have an even more successful and viral online marketing campaign, a smart business owner can use traditional marketing tactics to generate more interest online. Online works best with a strong presence offline. People are curious. Do you have a way offline to capture your customers’ information? Are you giving them opportunities to drop a business card for “fish bowl marketing“? Your best marketing channel is the one in where you are directly engaging with a customer in real time.
So how can a digital marketing agency help your business with Local SEO services?
SM Digital Partners is a full-service digital marketing agency that specializes in digital marketing for the healthcare, real estate, education, and local small business industries. By utilizing search engine optimization tools such as SEMRush.com and Moz.com, it allows our team of Local SEO experts with the right information about your business.
Using applied, tested, and results driven digital tactics, the team at SM Digital Partners can help build the foundation for your successful digital marketing campaign. It does take work, both on your end as well as ours. If you are ready to take the next step and would like to see where your business sits organically and locally, please call us at 561.404.9787 for a free “Local SEO and Website Audit”.
SM Digital Partners
601 N. Congress Ave Suite 430
Delray Beach, FL 33445