Still unsure about Google Ads? Is it a good investment for your business?
Here are 15 amazing stats that will show you how powerful Google Ads really is. The stats are neatly organized around the most frequently- asked (FAQs) questions we often hear from business owners. Let’s start:
We’ll start with search engine advertising, which is one of the core services offered by Google Ads. Here’s what you need to know…
Here are the key stats:
- 86 percent of consumers use the Internet to find a local business, according to a WebVisible survey
- 72 percent of consumers prefer to search for information online about local merchants and businesses, according to the same WebVisible study
- 29 percent of consumers search online for local businesses at least every week, according to a BrightLocal survey
OK, so it’s obvious – your customers are online and they are searching for your company. But does this mean you should use Google Ads? How can they help you?
And there’s another important question – Why is Google Ads better than Bing Ads?
Let’s see if the stats can speak for themselves here:
- Google dominates the search market share; according to a study done by NetMarketShare, Google owns 70 percent of the search market share; this means that everything is on Google and they don’t stop at just search; they also dominate other online services
- Google dominates the online display advertising market, controlling the largest network, according to a study published by comScore
- Google’s display campaigns reach almost 80 percent of Internet users, according to Google Benchmarks and Insights
- Consumers who are exposed to display ads are 155 percent more likely to search for segment-specific and brand-specific terms, according to a study published by Specific Media
Before moving on to the next topic, let’s take a look at another amazing stat:
- Almost 97 percent of Google’s total revenues come from its advertising platform, according to Google Investor Relations
OK, Google dominates the online advertising market, but why is this important for you? The simple answer is – the stats highlight the importance of Google Ads and Google’s role in the online world. What’s more, since Google Ads creates 97 percent of Google’s revenue, it means that Google is primarily focused on maintaining and continually improving the Google Ads platform and toolset. This means the platform is always running smoothly and it uses the latest software tools.
Now, it’s time to move on…
You are probably familiar with search engine optimization (SEO) – if yes, you are probably asking this next question:
Why shouldn’t I just invest in SEO?
Unfortunately, the answer to this question is not quite that simple. Let’s take a look at these stats:
- almost 90 percent of the traffic generated by search ads cannot be replaced by organic clicks (when the ads are paused), according to Google Research
- the top three ad spots take about 40 percent of all clicks on the page (for high commercial intent search queries), according to The War on Free Click – Wordstream
- 98 percent of all users choose companies that are on page 1 of the results they get, according to a study done by BrightLocal. This shows just how important getting on page 1 of SERPs is. If you are already investing in SEO (which we strongly recommend for many reasons listed here), investing in paid advertising is another way to make sure your company gets on page 1. This means that your business is in front of 98 percent of the audience.
And, now, the most important question you’ve been waiting for:
Are Google Ads Campaigns Really Working?
This is an important question most customers ask us, and the answer is simple. Yes, Google Ads do work and you can get amazing returns on your investment, but the ads have to be set up and managed correctly. Here are some stats that show the power of Google Ads:
- companies make about $2 in profit for every $1 they spend on Google Ads, according to the recent Google Economic Impact Report
- 72 percent of Google Ads marketers plan to increase their paid advertising budgets, according to Search Engine Watch; this confirms that these companies already see positive results with paid advertising; if not they were not, they wouldn’t increase their advertising budgets
- 70 percent of mobile users call a company directly from Google Search, according to Search Engine Watch
- 70 percent of mobile searches result in an action being taken within an hour, according to Mediative Labs
Obviously, there are many other factors that determine the success of a Google Ads campaign. These stats just show you how profitable a Google Ads campaign can be if managed correctly. It shows you how powerful Google and its Google Ads platform are and how your business can take advantage of these services. You just need to take action and manage your ads correctly and you’ll see the results you want!